CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Abundance

“Both abundance and lack [of abundance] exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend." - Sarah Ban Breathnach

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Circling Shark

I woke up with a sore throat this morning. I know what that means. I swear, I've been listening to my body tell me that I'm overdoing it again. I've slowed things down and taken it easy. It's just that as a mom and new business owner, there are things that HAVE to be done.

I worked all day Thursday, even though I had had two bad nights and woke up twitching (my "tell" that I'm maxed and need to recuperate). Rom had a delivery, so I ended up going in on Friday -- not much chance to catch up. Saturday, we went over my son's disappointing semester grades and sat down for a homework session. I taught my lesson in church on Sunday -- rewarding, but exhausting. Rom had a warehouse run and two deliveries yesterday, so I was back in the store. Before that, it was pulling teeth to get my son to sit down for another homework session. Plus, my daughter had to finish up a science fair project that was due ... earlier that day. Drip, drip, drip -- each one a little drop of blood in the water.

So, I'm not surprised the shark struck today. I'm getting sick. I can barely keep my eyes open, but I know I can't get back to sleep. I need to eat, but nothing sounds good. I think I'll spend the day relaxing with a good book. Maybe a peanut butter sandwich and some chocolate would help. Yes. Lots of chocolate.

3 comments:

Renee said...

I enjoy your posts. Something I was told about our body is that first it will whisper to us when it needs rest..then it will yell and if you still don't listen it will scream...yours sure seems to be screaming now! Hope you have a good day of rest and restoration.

Sue Jackson said...

I love the shark analogy! I've got a sore throat today, too, and know just what you mean. Sounds like you've been very busy this week and definitely need to rest now. The bright side? Lots of reading time! That's what I keep telling myself today.

Besides the chocolate, make sure to get LOTS of salt and fluids. V-8 juice or a Cup of Noodles or ramen noodles will do it.

Rest up! Hope you feel better soon.

Sue

Linda said...

I know exactly how that feels. My body has been teling me to slow down for a few weeks now. It finally hit me last night. I collapsed at 8pm and sleptwalked through getting my son to school this morning and crashed again until my IV pump alarmed at 1pm. I waited up till I picked my son up at 2:45 and crashed again till 6. Right now it's 8:30 and I feel like I need to crash for 12 more hours. I probably will.
My husband just told me he's nauseated and I ran to the store to get him Ginger Ale. Oh, I hope he doesn't pass whatever it is on to me.
I'm with you...we really need to listen to and act on the cues from our bodies, more often. Heavenly Father probably put that internal alarm there just for that purpose. We just have to quit hitting the snooze!