CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Abundance

“Both abundance and lack [of abundance] exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend." - Sarah Ban Breathnach

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Good Things

On this last day of January, I am here to celebrate good things!

First, my circling shark turned out to be more of a goldfish. With sharp teeth, I mean. It had a little bite, but it wasn't nearly as dangerous as I had feared. I took things easy, I was gentle with myself, and I bounced back surprisingly quickly. Yay!

Second, I actually hit a lot of my goals! I added a few good links and two actual pages to my website. I cleaned it up a bit and tweaked my key words. Plus, I have tons of good ideas to work with, and I'm feeling motivated to work on it. I checked my stats, and it looks like traffic is picking up! It's very exciting.

Third, I completed enough research to actually START MY NOVEL! Yes, I put pen to paper and actually began to write. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to share it with anyone, though, not even my husband. I'm feeling a little protective of it, and I can't handle any criticism. I believe the fear would stifle my voice, and I wouldn't be able to write effectively. That's hard, though, because another part of me is yelling, "Look at me! Look what I've done! Validate me!" I think I'll let the fear win out this one time.

Fourth, I've added tons of good recipes to my recipe blog. I feel like I'm getting a good variety of meals that seem to be really easy to fix. I can't wait to try them all.

Fifth, I'm taking good care of myself right now! I'm pacing. I've skipped a lot of TV at night, so I'm getting to bed at a reasonable time. I've done three weeks of menus from my recipe blog, so we've had a lot less processed or fast food. I've kept up on yoga, and I've really enjoyed my belly dancing! I seriously haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any, either. And I feel good! That's the ultimate goal, anyway, right?

Ah, yes, challenges await, but for the moment, I'm basking in the warmth of good things!

3 comments:

Lori P said...

Good for you! Glad to hear things are going so well. In my family, we would call that a "red letter day."

Sue Jackson said...

Wow, so glad to hear you're doing so well, Shelli! That's great. You sound on top of the world! I'm happy for you.

Sue

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

Thanks for your welcome message on my blog. CFS is the pits and it's great to meet a fellow traveller. Jo.