CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Abundance

“Both abundance and lack [of abundance] exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend." - Sarah Ban Breathnach

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why I Love My Husband

An old boyfriend got in touch with me recently via Facebook. The first thing I did was check my pictures to make sure there was nothing embarrassing posted. Then, I thought, "Good grief! I would die if he saw me now!" CFS has aged me a good 7 to 10 years beyond what I should be, and as you might have gleaned from my last post, I've put on a bit of weight, too.

Well, then I started feeling bad when I realized I don't put too much effort into looking good for my own husband! Doing my hair and makeup tires me. I don't like to waste my valuable energy on it. I save it for Sundays and church. But, I thought, for his sake, I ought to reconsider my beauty routines.

I brought it up to him the other night. I apologized and suggested I should try to do better. His answer? "Honey, I don't want you to change a thing. When people see you looking tired and haggard, the way you really feel, then they start to understand what you are going through. I want more people to understand."

I love this man!

(although, I was hoping he was going to say, "Oh, no, honey, you still look fantastic!" ;) )

5 comments:

Treya said...

He hee... Had to laugh at your last line!! Yes, sounds like you have a great man there Shelli. It's difficult to put the effort in when you only have a certain amount of energy for the day to get things done.

I always notice when I'm having a good period (like now : ) ) that I naturally become more interested in looking better and clothes, which is always nice. Before this for the last two months I was VERY pale and lost a lot of weight. For the first time everyone was saying how ill I looked. I don't want to sound bad, but it felt good to have it acknowledged for once how bad I was feeling inside...

You really seem to be making an effort with all things at the moment. I think that is great Terri. I don't know how you do it with 6 kids??? I often think about it and it scares the crap out of me. RESPECT to you girl.

Treya : )

Dusty Bogwrangler said...

Ha, I seem to be following Treya around this morning!

You've got a good fella there.

A bit of weight is no bad thing - thin and older can be a bit scrawny. Mature and voluptuous is downright sexy!

Sue Jackson said...

Loved your last line! I did something similar a few years ago - realized I had stopped caring about my appearance. So, I quit wearing baggy sweats around the house (except on really bad days), crashed myself going out shopping for more flattering clothes, and made a conscious effort to look nicer for my husband. He never noticed! Ah, well. I have kept up the effort for myself.

Sue

Renee said...

Your hubby sounds like a sweetheart! I have heard it said women dress for other women...not men! Hmmmmmm I am still dressing for comfort but fall back into "what should I wear" when going out into public...I have not left the house for 3 weeks now so it is not often that it comes up!

Hege Renate - said...

Hi

I love your blog and are now following it with rss.

Hope you will like my blog too: www.tiredofme.com - it is norwegian, but with a lot of english articles